Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Leonardo Cordeiro Nascimento had no recorded disclosures.View Leonardo Cordeiro Nascimento's current disclosures
Patient reports the application of industrial silicone in breasts 20 years ago.
Breasts with the parenchyma almost all occupied by nodules of varied sizes and high density, some with peripheral calcifications, suggestive of siliconomas (according to the patient's clinical history).
1 case question available
Fortunately, an increasingly rare practice, injecting industrial silicone into parts of the body, such as lips and buttocks for aesthetic purposes, was a common practice in certain parts of the world, such as South America and Asia. Injection of liquid silicone into the breasts, in particular, is catastrophic, since the screening of neoplasias is lost, because the current imaging methods have very low sensitivity for the detection of pathologies in these specific cases.
Case contributed by: Dra. Lenilza Lucena and Dra. Marcia Dantas.
1 article features images from this case
20 public playlists include this case
- ks breast by Reuben Tang
- wednesday 11/08 by Wasif Mohammed
- VIVA - Breast - Set I by Corey Thompson
- Mammo by Daniel Eric Wingard
- Breast VIVA by Lucy Blumer
- CASOS MAMO 2020 by diego farfan
- Breast by Kenneth Kwok
- breast 3 by Willem Ikink
- Set 8 by Bayartsengel Delgersaikhan
- Breast by Michael Truong
- Aunt Minnies - Breast by Michael Stewart ◈
- JL Breast by Jacqueline Lubomski
- HD&GL7 by Hung Dang
- radiopedia playlist-R.J.yadav by R. J. Yadav
- FRANZCR 06B Breast by AMIRSALEH JAFARI
- Breast by Abdullah Hajar
- mamm by Elsayed Amro
- Breast by Shuyi Guo
- Breast by Joshua Yap ◉ ◈
- Volatile and Novel by Mohammed Khan