Sinonasal undifferentiated carcinoma
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Frank Gaillard had no recorded disclosures.View Frank Gaillard's current disclosures
Note: This case has been tagged as "legacy" as it no longer meets image preparation and/or other case publication guidelines.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Heterogeneously enhancing mass centered in ethmoidal region, eroding the surrounding bones, extending intracranially and into bilateral orbits.
I think it fits best with sinonasal undifferentiated carcinoma. The major alternative diagnosis would be small cell carcinoma, and I thought that the nuclear morphology, with many cells having prominent nucleoli and some have at least moderate amounts of cytoplasm, was very much against that diagnosis. The morphology and immunohistochemical staining pattern are entirely consistent with sinonasal undifferentiated carcinoma. I did not think the morphology was correct for lymphoepithelial carcinoma.
3 articles feature images from this case
11 public playlists include this case
- 3-bas boyun by Abdullah Sukun
- Onco8-15 by tuanleminh ◉
- Green tea by Losing dePlot
- JY HETI Nose and Sinuses by Juliana K. Yee
- nezar head and neck by nezar shlaka
- Nasal cavity lesions by Numan Kutaiba ◈
- HY H&N by Richard Pow ◉
- lect 2 by nezar shlaka
- Neuro CT by Michael Gonzalez Soto
- H&N Oncology - Sinonasal lesions by Maxime St-Amant
- INTERESTING CASES by Harshitha Shanbhag