Skin fold artifact
Citation, DOI & case data
Recent falls, decreased air entry at right base ? hemo/pneumothorax
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Inspiratory and expiratory CXRs.
Skin fold at the right base on the inspiratory study, which initially could be mistaken for a pneumothorax. However the air markings beyond this line and its resolution on the next study show it is not a pneumothorax.
Lungs clear. Healed bilateral rib fractures (left 6th, rigth 9th).
Skin fold artifact potentially mimicking a pneumothorax.
1 article features images from this case
13 public playlist include this case
- 2019 Y4 Chest Imaging by Dr Derek Smith ◉
- TOP by Dr Sherif Mohsen
- ICU Radiology by Andrew neill
- Rx by DANIELA DE LA VEGA
- Lockdown Chest (16:9) by Dr Derek Smith ◉
- Trauma by Gunnar Andrésson
- FRCR 2B 2 by Dr Sherif Mohsen
- 2019-20 EM chest by Dr Derek Smith ◉
- CXR by Dr Sherif Mohsen
- TORAX by Eduardo Carrasco Flores
- EM 2020 Chest by Dr Derek Smith ◉
- Chest by Afonso Carvalho Silva
- chest 2b by R A A