Small bowel obstruction
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
Smith D, Small bowel obstruction. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 05 Jun 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-34061
At the time the case was submitted for publication Derek Smith had no recorded disclosures.View Derek Smith's current disclosures
3 Feb 2015
12 times, by 2 contributors - see full revision history and disclosures
Epigastric pain, vomiting, melena. Multiple vascular risk factors.
Age: 80 years
1 case question available
From the case: Small bowel obstruction
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Multiple distended small bowel loops (positioned centrally, valvulae conniventes present).
Left hip arthroplasty noted.
2 case questions available
This patient progressed to have a CT which showed extensive ischemic change throughout the small bowel.
The case was managed conservatively due the patient's co-morbidities.
14 public playlists include this case
- GI-P9 by tuanleminh ◉
- DI1 test 1 review by Matt Skalski ◉
- General by Nikita Klyshko
- 4. Plain Films by Thevarajah Viyasar
- Surgery by Pooya Malekpoor
- Important Abdominal imaging for emergency board by Maryam Saif AlAli
- FRANZCR ABDO X-RAY 3 by Babawale S. Niyi
- Locations of Swan Ganz catheters by Mackenzie
- Small Bowel Obstruction by Shaneil Vinit Patel
- Abdomen by Mai-Linh Le
- Erect abdomen by Nidhi Kurikala
- FVRH FY2 by Derek Smith ◉
- Abdominal X-Ray Review by Mitchell Harvey
- 2023 GI by Richard Hodgson ◉