Small bowel obstruction
Presents with closed loop bowel obstruction
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Macroscopic - Resected small bowel.
- a segment of small bowel 540 mm in length and up to 45 mm in diameter
- widespread congestion of small bowel and mesentery
- dilatation and wall thinning
- two localised segmental constrictions approximately 30 mm and 140 mm from one margin
- mucosal congestion and attenuation
- there is localised viable mucosa at the margin in the opened photograph.
- there is no evidence of perforation