Small bowel obstruction due to an incarcerated femoral hernia
Citation, DOI & case data
Study requested for suspected bowel obstruction.
CT abdomen and pelvis
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Computed tomography shows dilated small bowel loops, associated with a right femoral hernia.
Intestinal obstruction due to an abdominal hernia is the second commonest cause of small bowel obstruction after adhesions and most are secondary to incarceration and strangulation. It is a rare cause of colonic obstruction.
Key findings on CT are dilated proximal loops distal to the hernia with a ''knuckle'' of bowel caught in the hernia neck.
1 article features images from this case
15 public playlists include this case
- * 2019-20 EM surgical by Dr Derek Smith ◉
- FRCR 2B Listing by Dr Sherif Mohsen
- SBO by Clayton Brittingham
- Learning-SBO by Dr Payam Riahi
- Survival Guide by Dr Mohamed Morsi
- Small bowel obstruction due to an incarcerated femoral hernia by Mohammed alhammadi
- Revise by Mohamed Faragalla
- Small Bowel Obstruction by Dr Jonathan Bong
- acute abdomen nezar by nezar shlaka
- abdomen 2 by Dra Johana Rosinger
- Abdo - Adult Clinical Conditions - GI by Dr Charlie Handley
- Exam cases (part 7) (part 1) by Noura Alraeesi
- DAJS Surgery 18 by Dr Derek Smith ◉
- PTE - Radiology acute abdominal CT by dr. Sándor Szukits
- Annotated Cases by DR Emad Abid