Evaluation for oligozoospermia
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Spermatocele is seen as an unilocular extratesticular cyst with low level internal echoes.
Spermatocele is seen as a unilocular or rarely multilocular extratesticular cyst caused by cystic dilatation of tubules of the efferent ductules in the head of the epididymis.
On ultrasound studies, they appear as well-defined epididymal cystic lesions, with low-level fine internal echoes, usually measuring 1-2 cm with posterior acoustic enhancement. Thin septations may be present
For complete discussion on radiological features and differentials please see: spermatocele.
- 1. Dogra VS, Gottlieb RH, Oka M et-al. Sonography of the scrotum. Radiology. 2003;227 (1): 18-36. Radiology (full text) - doi:10.1148/radiol.2271001744 - Pubmed citation
- 2. Dogra VS, Gottlieb RH, Rubens DJ et-al. Benign intratesticular cystic lesions: US features. Radiographics. 2001;21 Spec No (suppl_1): S273-81. doi:10.1148/radiographics.21.suppl_1.g01oc15s273 - Pubmed citation
1 article features images from this case
12 public playlist includes this case
- Abdo - male GUT
- 9.11.4 Benign Testicular Mass and Malignant Extra-Testicular Tumours
- educational cases
- Certificate: 9.11.4 Benign Testicular Mass and Malignant Extra-Testicular Tumours
- Abdo - Adult Clinical Conditions - Male Reproductive Tract
- Male genital tract
- 4c_027 Benign Testicular Mass and Malignant Extra-Testicular Tumours
- Renal and GU