Spinal epidural injection interlaminar: CT
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Spinal epidural injection CT interlaminar.
The technique in this procedure was:
- obtain a localising scan with some way of demarcating the skin (this case radio-opaque 'grid')
- chose location that gives as vertical as possible route to epidural space
- local anesthetic along proximal tract (optional)
- advance needle to until slight resistance (often gritty) is felt (ligamentum flavum)
- check location
- attach empty syringe with 3 - 4 ml of room air, and ballote plunger while advancing remaining distance
- epidural space has low / negative pressure and air is easily injected.
- confirm the extra-thecal location
- inject steroid and local anesthetic