Splenic and adrenal metastases
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
Knipe H, Splenic and adrenal metastases. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 21 Mar 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-35113
At the time the case was submitted for publication Henry Knipe had no recorded disclosures.View Henry Knipe's current disclosures
23 Mar 2015
10 times, by 2 contributors - see full revision history and disclosures
Metastatic cancer - unknown primary.
Age: 70 years
From the case: Splenic and adrenal metastases
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Axial C+ portal venous phase
Bilateral adrenal masses are compatible with metastases. Splenic metastases are also noted. A lucent lesion in the left iliac bone is taken to represent a metastasis.
The liver, gallbladder, pancreas and kidneys enhance normally. Uncomplicated sigmoid diverticulosis is noted.
Splenic metastases are rare, compared to hepatic metastases.
2 articles feature images from this case
13 public playlists include this case
- enasdonia by enasdonia
- SET 5 imaging tutorial #2 by Henry Knipe ◉ ◈
- Pancreas and spleen by Allister Howie
- Abdomen CT - Internal Medicine by Guilherme de Abreu Pereira
- Abdomen by Johana Rosinger
- Splenic lesions by Timothy Jeffery
- WART ONLINE TEACHING_ADRENAL by Nathalie Falkner
- Liver tumor by Thuấn Nguyễn Hoàng
- UG Adrenal by Cary MacMillan
- RMH/ALF - Spleen/Haematological by Yen Huynh ◈
- abdomen 2 by Johana Rosinger
- Abdo - Adult Clinical Conditions - Haem by Charlie Handley
- NADNERCZA by Adam