Splenic epidermoid cyst
Citation, DOI & case data
Incidental finding at upper abdominal ultrasound. No history of trauma.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Cystic mass (through transmission) with internal debris that was quite mobile during prolonged scanning much like a hydrocoele (as evidenced by internal "color" on the duplex scanning).
These cysts are developmental and rare. Diagnosis is by exclusion (i.e. no history of trauma or pancreatitis). Internal echoes on ultrasound are consistent with the material found in such cysts at pathological examination.
10 public playlists include this case
- 3_132 The Abnormal Spleen by RAB Three
- GIT frcr by Dr Feras Salhi
- Spleen by Dr K Hussain
- Mixed Cases for FRCR Study Group by Dr K Hussain
- Ultrasound by Taimur
- av git by Dr Avni K P Skandhan ◉
- Certificate: 3_132 The Abnormal Spleen by RAB Three
- spleen by Dr Sharbell Hashoul
- GI by Taimur
- Primer - Gastrointestinal - Spleen by Aman