Splenosis (on Tc-99m DRBC)
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Junny Mar had no recorded disclosures.View Junny Mar's current disclosures
Abdominal pain with recent history of uterine cancer. Concerns regarding intra-abdominal metastasis. Past medical history includes motor vehicle accident (age 10) with a ruptured spleen.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Tc-99m-tagged heat-damaged RBC scan (Tc-99m-DRBC) with autologous erythrocytes shows accumulation in the abdominal cavity, consistent with intra-abdominal splenosis.
Main concern for intra-abdominal lesions found on CT scan was for metastatic disease. Using heat treated RBC confirmed the functioning splenosis at the various abdominal sites.
2 articles feature images from this case
10 public playlists include this case
- NUCLEAR MEDICINE by Prabhu
- General Nuclear Medicine Basics by Justin G Peacock ◉
- 15/09/2022 by Joshua Yip
- Nuclear Medicine Case Review by Justin G Peacock ◉
- Pep (Guardiola) talk by Chun Wah So
- hepato - 4 by tuanleminh ◉
- NUCLEAR by R A A
- NUCLEAR MEDICINE by Hannah Woodford
- 1nuc by Elsayed Amro
- GI 2 by Rahim Akram