Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Liz Silverstone had no recorded disclosures.View Liz Silverstone's current disclosures
Progressive severe dyspnea. Never-smoker.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Innumerable scattered thin-walled cysts.
Small areas of normal lung at the apices and bases highlighted by the MinIPs.
The diagnosis was established by the characteristic CT appearances and elevated blood VEGF-D. Her kidneys were normal and there were no effusions or lymphatic masses.
When cystic lung disease is advanced, the appearance may be mistaken for emphysema as the cyst walls may be almost imperceptible, especially in areas where there is no normal intervening lung.
Treatment: sirolimus typically slows disease progression, bronchodilators, home oxygen for respiratory failure, lung transplantation for severe lung disease.
1 article features images from this case
12 public playlists include this case
- part 1 chest by Ashlee Kates-Ascioti
- #10 Urgent states in pulmonology and non specific inflammatory processes of lungs and pleura. by Petro Chukur
- 6/23/2022 by Angelis Belessis
- Chest 21 by Ahmed Reda Bassiouny
- Kaffehausprüfung 4 by Bernhard
- 00 To Learn by Petro Chukur
- chest CT by Issei Fukuda
- Session Feb 10 22 by Nicole Zipay
- TÓRAX by LEONARDO RISKI
- nacer by NACER SI ABDALLAH
- Thorax_PFJ by Pedro Jorge
- Lung by Michael Myskiw