Starvation induced Wernicke's encephalopathy
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Hyperintense signals in the bilateral medial thalamus and periventricular regions of third ventricle on FLAIR images, consistant with changes of wernicke`s encepahlopathy.
Definite history fasting for more than a month (religious Hindu festival fasting). Wernicke encephalopathy is due to thiamine (vitamin B1) deficiency.
1 article features images from this case
10 public playlists includes this case
- Neuro 4
- 2015 White matter disease
- MRI brain
- 2016 Neuro
- Casos Neuro 21/07/2017
- CNS demyelination alcohol
- Wernickes / korsakoffs and other neurodegenerative toxin linked pathologies
- NeuroImaging 3 - Toxic, Metabolic, Degenerative, Miscellaneous & Pituitary
- 6b_144 Degenerative Brain Disorders with Alcohol and Korsakoff' s Syndrome