Striated nephrogram - acute pyelonephritis
Fever and flank pain.
Note: This case has been tagged as "legacy" as it no longer meets image preparation and/or other case publication guidelines.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Contrast-enhanced CT of the kidneys demonstrates a striated pattern in the kidneys in the nephrographic phase.
A case of bilateral striated nephrogram on contrast-enhanced CT, consisting of discrete rays of alternating attenuation extending to the cortex. This case is consistent with acute pyelonephritis and is better demonstrated on CT than on excretory urography.
- 1. Haaga JR, Boll D. CT and MRI of the whole body. Mosby. (2009) ISBN:0323053750. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon
- 2. Saunders HS, Dyer RB, Shifrin RY et-al. The CT nephrogram: implications for evaluation of urinary tract disease. Radiographics. 1995;15 (5): 1069-85. Radiographics (citation) - Pubmed citation
1 article features images from this case
9 public playlist include this case
- Genitourinary FRCR 2B by Dr Feras Salhi
- 1.2.3. Viva by Tamer Ghorab
- Locations of Swan Ganz catheters by Mackenzie
- Abdo - renal tract by Dr David Serich
- CORE GU by Clayton Brittingham
- US march 2019 by Sandra M
- 3rd PRACTICE VIVA ABDO by Peter Playford Eriksen
- UROLOGY by Dr. manish shaw
- Sunday 12/11 by Dr Stephen Power