Stuck twin syndrome
Second gravida lady came for a routine 2nd trimester ultrasound. 1st trimeter ultrasound had shown a monochorionic, diamniotic twin
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Live twin intra-uterine pregnancy is seen. A separating membrane is seen.
- on maternal right side - unstable lie
- amniotic sac - polyhydramnios noted
- fetus shows normal body movements and cardiac activity
- on maternal left side - breech lie; stuck to left lateral uterine wall
- amniotic sac - nearly absent liqour
- fetus shows normal cardiac activity
Single placenta - anterior.
Doppler was not done (was not aware of the requirement). Patient was referred to a dedicated obstetric sonologist; however no feed back received.
Case shows classic grey-scale findings of stuck twin syndrome.