Citation, DOI & case data
Remote history of head trauma and hemorrhage few years ago that had been treated surgically. Few years later he developed hydrocephalus for which he had been treated by VP shunt insertion about one year before. Now he complains of bladder incontinence, his physician suspects failure/obstruction of the VP shunt.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Low signal regions lining the surface of the superior aspect of the cerebellum and the midbrain tectal plate (more at the right side which also appears rather smaller than the left side). The low signal regions demonstrate blooming on the SWI, consistent with susceptibility artifact from hemosiderin.
Right VP shunt.
No evidence of hydrocephalus.
1 article features images from this case
10 public playlists include this case
- CNS cases by Arthur Daire
- 210909 ST-kvart by E
- H&N - Adult Clinical Conditions - Temporal by Charlie Handley
- Exam cases by Iqbal
- av frcr 11 by Avni K P Skandhan ◉
- FRCR neuro by Abdulaziz Faisal miss Shuaib
- Neuro - Clinical Conditions - Vascular by Charlie Handley
- Neuro Sept by Tzu-Yun Chung
- FRCR 2B AMR SAADAWY (part 7) (part 1) by Amr Saadawy
- NEURO- VASCULAR by R A A