Superscan - metastatic bone disease
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Ian Bickle had no recorded disclosures.View Ian Bickle's current disclosures
Known breast cancer. Bone pain. Metastases?
Widespread tracer uptake centrally in the spine, pelvis and sternum.
Focal uptake in both femoral and humeral shafts and ribs.
No tracer evident excreted in either kidney.
With widespread high volume bony metastatic disease, the uptake of tracer can be so profound none is excreted into the kidneys.
The kidneys are typically evident on a bone scan from tracer excretion.
This is termed a superscan.
1 article features images from this case
13 public playlists include this case
- NUCLEAR MEDICINE by Prabhu
- Superscan - metastatic bone disease by Dinh Van Thuyet
- RadioP 2020 by anthony trimboli
- Viva 10 by Marios Zertalis
- RNI by Maimoona murad khan
- nuclear medicine by Manish Chug
- 2 nuc by Elsayed Amro
- 1nuc by Elsayed Amro
- FRCR by Mohamed Salahaldin Elroos
- MSK viva [I] by Xien Liversidge ◈
- viva 12-23 part 3 by AHMED ELSHERBINI ELSABI
- VIVA - TA 17.10.2023 by Dicksun Leow
- Nuclear 1 - Bone Scintigraphy by Praveen Samarawickrama