Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Heba Abdelmonem had no recorded disclosures.View Heba Abdelmonem's current disclosures
Non tender bulge of the back with intact overlying skin
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Multiple levels spina bifida with absent posterior neural arch.
Cystic dilation of the distal central canal with trumpet-like flaring syringocele and meningoceles that herniate through the vertebral defect.
Two month old baby, the mother noticed palpable back bulge with intact overlying skin.
MRI shows abnormal dilatation of the spinal cord central canal that herniates through a spinal defect, finding that suggest a terminal myelocystocele.
1 article features images from this case
14 public playlists include this case
- Peds by Taimur
- DNR: pediatric sacral lesions by Victor Schulze-Zachau
- Neuro by Siobhan Lee
- Spinal dysraphism by Amit Kumar Singh
- VIVA NEURO + CORD by Portia D'Anverrs ◉
- Neuroradiology by Dr. Jens Konitzer
- 20220612 by Dickson Fenn
- Neuro (part 2) (part 1) by Taimur
- cns by simranjit bawa
- PED - Congenital by YUN SUNGEUN
- SD by dung kim nguyen
- Spine by Frank Dorrian
- 2 by Lech Gradziński
- NÖRO by Yasin Celal Gunes