Testicular abscess and pyocoele
Follow up ultrasound of the scrotum 8 days after diagnosis of left epididymitis and simple hydrocoele on ultrasound.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
- left testicular abscess measuring 2.3 x 1.6 x 1.9 cm
- left testis measures 5.0 x 3.5 x 3.2 cm, larger than the right (4.7 x 3.1 x 2.1 cm)
- left testis and epididymis are hyperaemic, consistent with epididymo-orchitis
- scrotal free fluid with heterogeneous echogenicity and septa, consistent with pyocoele
- 3 mm cyst in the right testis
- normal vascularity
- small hydrocoele
The patient clinically improved after conservative management with antibiotics, and repeat ultrasound eight days later showed a slight reduction in size of the testicular abscess and a more liquefied less complex appearance, consistent with gradual resolution.