Several hours history of left testicular pain.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
An infarcted testicle with a twisted vascular pedicle/cord.
An orchiectomy was necessary.
Testicular torsion is a urological emergency - failure to recognize and perform a surgical exploration will result as in this case with a infarcted testicle.
Don't 'hit the sack' during on-call with a query of testicular torsion - get to theater and save the testicle.
Ultrasound can be supportive, but it should not alone dictate the clinician's decision to explore the scrotum.
In this case an orchiectomy was undertaken - the boat had been missed.
1 article features images from this case
5 public playlist include this case
- Don't forget the bubbles 2018 by Assoc Prof Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- UQ Radiology video tutorial: Abdo: Testicular pathology by Assoc Prof Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- UQ Med Yr 2 Sexual health: Breast and gynae malignancy, scrotum by Assoc Prof Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- kejsy #1 (part 3) by Lech Gradziński
- ACEM Autumn Symposium 2019 - Paeds by Assoc Prof Craig Hacking ◉ ◈