Thymic rebound hyperplasia
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Vitalii Rogalskyi had no recorded disclosures.View Vitalii Rogalskyi's current disclosures
History of ovary carcinoma. Surgical resection, chemotherapy. Now no complaints.
Mediastinum is unremarkable.
CT follow-up, six months later
CT of chest demonstrates thymic hyperplasia with typical distribution, smooth margins and homogenous enhancement. No enlarged mediastinal lymph nodes.
Thymic hyperplasia after six months.
This case demonstrates post-chemotherapy thymic rebound hyperplasia. It is important not to confuse it with disease progression or lymphadenopathy.
14 public playlists include this case
- Mediastinum JK by Jan Kaczmarek
- Respiratory: Subtle things by Akshaykumar
- thoracic imaging by Herwig Brandtner
- Chest radiology by Ranjit kumar
- Chest Adult by Ahmed Mohsen
- core ped by ahmed alaa al-agamy
- CXR Viva by Christopher Lee
- Chest by Joshua Taylor
- Respiratory: Rare but typical by Akshaykumar
- FRCR 2B chest by Simon Rupret
- Chest by Rahim Akram
- chest by Muhammad fawad khan
- chest... by Aya Aboelkhair
- pediatrics by Yasin Celal Gunes