Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
Gaillard F, Thornwaldt cyst. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 08 Jun 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-2663
At the time the case was submitted for publication Frank Gaillard had no recorded disclosures.View Frank Gaillard's current disclosures
7 May 2008
4 times, by 2 contributors - see full revision history and disclosures
Incidental nasopharyngeal finding.
From the case: Thornwaldt cyst
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
MRI through the nasopharynx demonstrates a small well circumscribed cystic region nestled between the longus colli muscles deep to the nasopharyngeal mucosa.
Centrally the lesion is of high T2 signal and low T1 signal and demonstrates only peripheral enhancement similar to the nasopharyngeal mucosa.
Features are consistent with Thornwaldt cyst.
Tornwaldt cysts are common incidental findings that require no further investigation.
1 article features images from this case
21 public playlists include this case
- NEURO by Lacoste
- 3-bas boyun by Abdullah Sukun
- Cns by Maimoona murad khan
- frcr 2 by Janice Wee Yong Li
- Tony Chen July 2015 by Tony Chen
- Baş Boyun Radyolojisi Vakaları by omer faruk simitcioglu
- Háls og höfuð by Reynir Hans Reynisson
- Fatumah Namutebi by Fatumah Namutebi Ssewaali
- Neuro by Bob Zhang
- Head & neck by Richard Pow
- Head and neck by Meydene Ong
- 1-Beyin by Abdullah Sukun
- NRAD by Johann Jende
- H&N - Adult Clinical Conditions - Neck by Charlie Handley
- 02 Head & Neck (CPSP) by Afaaq Rasool
- Head and Neck by Geetha Sanjeev
- H&N by Yue Li
- Head & Neck by Siobhan Lee
- Neuro/H&N by Tae Gon Yoo
- hnf by simranjit bawa
- H and N I by Jin XU