Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Michael P Hartung had no recorded disclosures.View Michael P Hartung's current disclosures
Positive Clostridioides difficile stool test, concern for toxic colitis.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Diffuse colonic dilation and wall thickening with effacement of haustra.
Fecalization of distal small bowel (small bowel feces sign).
Small volume of ascites.
Postoperative changes right posterior flank.
Typical features of toxic megacolon caused by Clostridioides difficile infection, characterized by colonic dilation, wall thickening, and surrounding inflammatory changes. This patient is at great risk for perforation and such cases are often managed with colectomy if there is failure to improve.
2 articles feature images from this case
37 public playlists include this case
- Dr Maryam by Maryam Sheikh
- Abd Conditions by Kenis Shedrack Felangu
- Abdo jules by Gabrielle
- Abdo COD by Isaac Lui
- Day 5: Advanced test by Michael P Hartung ◉
- GI and HBI by Anusha Subramanian
- Digestivv by Popovici Alexandra
- 2b GIT by Ali Labeeb Alwan
- Abdo VIVA by Michael Le ◉
- candidate 3 by Anusha Subramanian
- UQ Radiology video tutorial: Abdo: Toxic megacolon by Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- 2B Cases (61 - 71) by Akif Malik
- Abdo viva Oct 2020 by George Harisis
- 15/09/2021 by elroy
- Revise by Mohamed Faragalla
- Frcr medley by Evangeline
- ABDO - GI by R A A
- Large bowel by Bob Ng
- aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaainfext by Susheel K
- Abdomen - large bowel by Edward Chan
- Gastrointestinal radiology by Ranjit kumar
- GIT ✓ by Emil Settarzade
- GI by Kenneth Kwok
- 2023_EM전문의_복부 by Dayeon Lee
- GIT LONG CASES LIST by Menna Aly
- G! 2 by Kevin Sheng
- Clásicos by Jheyson Javier Barrios Pereira
- HD&GL7 by Hung Dang
- 1304 by elroy
- 2B prep by Shea Roddy
- A new cases by Abdullah Hajar
- FRCR 2B 1 by Sherif Mohsen
- GI dec 22 by elroy
- Toxic megacolon by 안광민
- SHAMY by Mohamed Elshamy
- acute abdominal CT by Amakhian aletor
- ST1 GI infections by Varun Chaudhry