Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
Tatco V, Tracheal bronchus. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 22 Mar 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-46783
At the time the case was submitted for publication Vincent Tatco had no recorded disclosures.View Vincent Tatco's current disclosures
30 Jul 2016
9 times, by 1 contributor - see full revision history and disclosures
Case of the day:
26 Aug 2016
Patient presented with cough. Incidental finding on chest CT scan.
Age: 35 years old
From the case: Tracheal bronchus
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Axial lung window
The bronchus supplying the apical segment of the right upper lobe arises directly from the right side of the trachea.
There is a 0.7-cm right paratracheal air cyst at the level of the thoracic inlet.
- subcentimeter noncalcified pulmonary nodules in the anterior segment of the left upper lobe and posterior basal segment of the left lower lobe and calcified subcentimeter nodule in the anterior segment of the right upper lobe
- minimal fibrosis in the right lung
This case shows a tracheal bronchus, which is an anatomical variant of the tracheobronchial tree. A small paratracheal air cyst is also seen in this case.
2 articles feature images from this case
7 public playlists include this case
- 0-Chest developmental by Mohamed Emad Shehata
- Chest by JR
- Casinhos Tórax Julho 3 by Gabriela Faria e SIlva Costa Di Ferreira
- Chest unknown case tutorial 1 by Hani Makky Al Salam
- Anatomical variations (chest) by Dayu Gai ◉ ◈
- chest by Mohammad Farghali Ali Tosson
- 0-Tracheobronchial by Mohamed Emad Shehata