Transseptal course of left coronary artery
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Jens Christian Fischer had no recorded disclosures.View Jens Christian Fischer's current disclosures
Typical chest pain and STEMI.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Atypical origin and course of the left coronary artery (LCA).
Common origin of right and left coronary artery out of the right coronary sinus with a transseptal/intraseptal course of the LCA, passing between the right ventricular outflow tract and aortic root. There is also intra-myocardial bridging of the proximal LAD and LCX arteries. Other findings are coronary arteriosclerosis and a stent-graft in the middle segment of the RCA.
Volume rendering - the pulmonary trunk has been removed to show the course and the origin of the LMCA.
Patient with STEMI due to an occlusion of the middle segment of the right coronary artery. As another finding, conventional angiography showed common ostium of both coronary arteries at the right coronary sinus and a "malignant" course had been suspected.
The prospective ECG-triggered CTA of the coronaries shows the common origin out of the right coronary sinus and a transseptal course of the LCA between the aortic root and the pulmonary outflow tract.
Coronary bypass surgery is planned.
5 articles feature images from this case
23 public playlists include this case
- RABCoronary by Arjuna Somanathan
- Trabajo hipercolesterolemia by Andrea
- phil neu by jan reichmann
- General -2 by Asmita Chugh
- Cardiac by Joshua Taylor
- cardiac and respiratory course by nezar shlaka
- Chest test by Gary Lee
- Chest fr by mohamed emadaldin mahmoud
- Vascular & Intervention by Matt Page
- FRCR Cardiac by Mohamed Talaat Abdallatif
- Chest CT anatomical variants by Henry Knipe ◉ ◈
- Viva 2022 Cardiac by Kenneth Cheung
- Saturday 11/11 by Stephen Patrick Power ◉
- Certificate: Coronaries by RAB One
- Prüfung Cv by Lisa Ruby
- Tony Chen October 2 by Tony Chen
- Cardiothoracic by Asmita Chugh
- Cardiac by Allister Howie
- CHEST CARDIOVASCULAR by Bharti Rathi ◉
- herz by Ulrike Bartosch
- Neuro by Asmita Chugh
- QUT anatomy 2022 by Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- Cardiac by Dean Rabinowitz