Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Amanda Er had no recorded disclosures.View Amanda Er's current disclosures
Motorcyclist involved in road traffic accident, hit from rear end by truck. Complaining of right wrist pain.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Plain film radiograph of the right hand and wrist demonstrates an undisplaced acute fracture of the right trapezium, involving the articular surface.
1 case question available
Isolated trapezium fractures constitute 3-5% of all carpal fractures. Despite having a low prevalence, time should still be taken to trace all cortical outlines of the patients' carpal bones when reading X-rays to prevent missing out on subtle fractures of the trapezium.
1 article features images from this case
9 public playlists include this case
- Trauma-P1 by tuanleminh ◉
- MSK Hand Trauma Radiographs by Lisa Shannon ◉
- Rapid reporting checklist by Kanwal Laique
- X-ray: Wrist trauma by Daoud akhtar
- Subtle fractures by Shanesh Kumar
- 1_galune by Tomas Jurevicius
- Rapid Reporting by Mohamed Morsi
- Trauma Radiology by Muhammad Idris ◉
- NP Radiology teaching by Vivien Wurm