Traumatic pneumothorax with malpositioned intercostal catheter
Citation, DOI & case data
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Moderately-sized right pneumothorax. The right intercostal catheter (ICC) is kinked and coiled within the chest wall and not in the pleural space. No significant mediastinal shift. Patchy airspace opacities in the right lung. Displaced right 7th rib fracture.
The ICC was removed and a new tube inserted correctly, which drained the pneumothorax successfully.
The right lung opacities were proven to be pulmonary contusions on subsequent CT.
8 public playlists include this case
- Lines, tubes, devices by Dr Isaac Lui
- Chest by Sana Naeem
- Thursday teaching - trauma CXR cases by Assoc Prof Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- ACEM Autumn Symposium 2022 - Trauma CXR interactive cases by Assoc Prof Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- Medical students Chest 2 by Dr Matthew Lukies
- Skills-Lab (Chest Trauma) by Dr. Gregorius Enrico, Sp.Rad
- FRCR 2B LONG PART-2 by Dr Jayant Vishal
- x Waseem by Waseem Mehmood Nizamani