Lethargic with a distended abdomen. No respiratory symptoms.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Diffusely enhancing peritoneal reflections.
Loculated ascites. Inflammatory change in the omentum.
Thickened small bowel in the pelvis, but the terminal ileum is normal.
Minor right middle and left lower lobe consolidation. Small left sided pleural effusion.
Tuberculosis is a multi-system disorder. Patients may present without any respiratory symptoms.
In the abdominal cavity it can involve other systems: genitourinary, gastrointestinal and omental/peritoneum.
Thickened enhancing peritoneum, ascites and omental stranding through to omental cake are imaging features of peritoneal tuberculosis.
This case was biopsy proven with caseating granulomas and mycobaterium identified.
Key Learning Point:
The clinicians requested a CA-125 (the patient is 18 years old) and when it was very elevated assumed she has ovarian cancer. CA-125 may be elevated in many forms of peritoneal irritation.
34 public playlist include this case
- ABDO 2 by Hannah Ireland
- GK - Abdo - Peritoneal cavity & retroperitoneum by GLK
- EXAM by shyamnath G
- long cases by Dr Fahad Alabdulghani
- Abdo and GU by Parveen Sidhu
- Interesting by Dr Mohamed Aboushady
- Abdominal lesions/conditions by Allister Howie
- Gastrointestinal by Miguel
- Abdo 1 by Mayooran Kandasamy
- abdo by Julia Williams
- GIT by dr quratulain
- WDHB - Abdomen by Pieter Wood
- Tony Chen October 3 by Dr Tony Chen
- Retroperitoneum / Mesentery / Abdominal wall by Dr Davina Bates
- Victor Report Writing 3 by Dr Victor Liu
- Abdomen by Dr aaronow
- Abdo by Dr Davina Bates
- GI by Dr. Kenneth Kwok
- GUT by dr quratulain
- GF17 - Abdo 2 by Losing dePlot
- FRANZCR 03 Abdo by Dr. AMIRSALEH JAFARI
- Playlist 4 by Colin Quah
- Tuberculosis by Dr Ian Bickle ◉
- Mixed bag 7 by Tyler Munk
- viva 2 by Heba
- GK - Viva - Abdo by GLK
- kejsy #1 (part 1) by Lech Gradziński
- Abdo - Adult Clinical Conditions - GI by Dr Charlie Handley
- Auntie Minnie Long Case 1 by Mark Tan
- viva 3 by Heba
- FRCR GIT by Doctor Rubi Subhash
- GI by Taimur
- Primer - Gastrointestinal - Peritoneum and Abdominal Wall by Aman
- TB by Taimur