Citation, DOI & case data
Primigravida. Recurrent bleeding per vaginum for 3 weeks.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
There is single live intra-uterine fetus corresponding to period of amenorrhea. Placenta is anterior low lying. Cord insertion was marginal at the caudal end of placenta, about 20 mm away from the internal os. Cord is abutting internal os. Cervical encirclage sutures are present.
There was no retro-placental hemorrhage.
Primigravida patient presented with recurrent bleeding per vaginum. Gynecologist who did previous transabdominal ultrasound scans found persistent umbilical cord near internal os and referred for the same.
Transvaginal ultrasound scan suggests vasa previa.
1 article features images from this case
10 public playlists include this case
- Obstetric viva 6 by Dr Babawale S. Niyi
- O&G/Mamms by eliotb
- PELVIS GENERAL by Deyan P. Ivanov
- O&G by Dr Ruilin Raelene Jin ◈
- exam list by M. M Jaber
- OB case files by melessa cizik
- Ultimate obstetrics by Dr Khalid Alsahli
- Obstetric Ultrasound Cases by Naveen Kumar Govindaraju
- MAK OBS/GYN by Dr Michael Kreltszheim
- obs/gynae by kevin were wanambiro