Ventricular septal defect - muscular
Citation, DOI and case data
Routine 20 week morphology antenatal scan
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Antenatal ultrasound of the heart with B-mode, color Doppler and STIC examinations has been performed.
B-mode imaging is unremarkable with normal cardiac morphology. Color duplex examination, however, demonstrates a VSD located close to the apex of the heart through the muscular septum. This is much better demonstrated using Spatio-Temporal Image Correlation (STIC).
1 case question available
This case demonstrates an apical ventricular septal defect through the muscular part of the interventricular septum, near the apex of the heart. It also highlights the importance of examining the heart with color duplex, and the benefit of spatio-temporal image correlation (STIC).
8 public playlist include this case
- Obstetrics by Naveen Kumar Govindaraju
- Obstetric viva 4 by Dr Babawale S. Niyi
- Obstetric cases by Dr Simon Meagher by Dr Alexandra Stanislavsky ◉
- Cardiac by Taimur
- Cardiac anomalies by Dr Praveen Jha
- DR3 - six mixed (CNS/Chest/Gynae/MSK) cases by Dr Henry Knipe ◉ ◈
- Fetal echo by Dr Mostafa El-Feky ◉
- cardiac by razmin