Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Aneta Kecler-Pietrzyk had no recorded disclosures.View Aneta Kecler-Pietrzyk's current disclosures
Presented to emergency department. Routine chest radiograph.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Watchman left atrial appendage closure implant.
Status post CABG. Dual lead pacemaker in situ.
Although oral anticoagulation (e.g. warfarin) can significantly reduce the risk of stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation, these medications are associated with hemorrhagic complications. The Watchman closure implant is placed in the left atrial appendage where >90% clots are formed and serves as an alternative to systemic anticoagulant therapy.
Disclosure: I, Aneta Kecler - Pietrzyk , have no actual or potential ethical or financial conflict of interest in relation to this device. This case is not intended to be a personal endorsement or recommendation of this product.
3 articles feature images from this case
14 public playlists include this case
- TUBES AND DEVICES by Prabhu
- Lines, tubes, devices by Isaac Lui
- device by Jyoti Panwar
- CXR by Kenneth Kwok
- cardiac nov 18 by Karina Dorfman
- Imaging for Anaesthetics Registrars by Cara Odenthal
- Favourite chest cases by Rohit Sharma ◉
- Chest by Chester Chong
- cardiac-3 by tuanleminh ◉
- R1 Chest by Ben Ball ◉
- Chest 1 by Rajkumar Yalawar ◉
- CVS by Eman Mansour
- 1. by Fatima Abdelmoniem Abdelrahman Ragab
- OSCER cardiothoracic iatrogenic by Nik M H Nik Hussin ◉