Deterioration of conscious level and agitation. Patient had gastric surgery 2 months ago for peptic ulcer.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Abnormal signal bilateral and symmetrical involving the medial and posterior aspect of both thalami displaying bright signal in DWI, T2 and FLAIR.
Previous gastric sugery or Bariatric sugeries are predisposing factors to various deficiency syndromes. Thiamine deficiency causes acute encephalopathy usually affects the medial thalamus, tectal plate and periacqueductal grey matter.
2 articles feature images from this case
23 public playlists include this case
- Neuro15 - Neurodegenerative diseases
- educational cases
- 2015 White matter disease
- Primer - Neuroradiology - Degenerative and White Matter Disease
- Manzoor-Rad CNS
- Manzoor-Rad Mixed
- Neuro 2- Facomatoses, Dça Desmielinizantes e Neurodegenerativa et al.
- MRI brain
- 2017 1st
- Core review
- Neuro - infective/ toxic
- VIVA Neuro 4
- Neuro Cases
- YJL 2B Neuro
- Viva 13
- CNS demyelination alcohol
- Wernicke encephalopathy