Presented with confusion, ataxia and nystagmus on the background of a long history of alcohol abuse.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
FLAIR hyperintensities in the periaqueductal region, dorsal brainstem, medial thalami surrounding the third ventricle on the background of chronic small vessel ischemia. The mamillary bodies are also noted to be atrophic in this patient. There is also FLAIR hyperintensity seen involving the genu and splenium of the corpus callosum. Restricted diffusion around the 3rd ventricle/medial thalamus.
1 article features images from this case
21 public playlist includes this case
- Primer - Neuroradiology - Degenerative and White Matter Disease
- Outras doenças neuro
- UQ Med CBL - No technicalities, according to chemistry alcohol is a solution!
- Toxic and Metabolic Brain Disorders
- MRI brain
- Aunt Minnies - Neuro
- CNS demyelination alcohol
- Bilateral Abnormalities of the BG and Thalami
- picked cases
- GD: Neuro - White matter disease
- CNS GM Wernicke encephalopathy
- CNS & SPINE 101
- Neurorad - Mixed Cases