Presented with confusion, ataxia and nystagmus on the background of a long history of alcohol abuse.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
FLAIR hyperintensities in the periaqueductal region, dorsal brainstem, medial thalami surrounding the third ventricle on the background of chronic small vessel ischemia. The mamillary bodies are also noted to be atrophic in this patient. There is also FLAIR hyperintensity seen involving the genu and splenium of the corpus callosum. Restricted diffusion around the 3rd ventricle/medial thalamus.
1 article features images from this case
18 public playlist includes this case
- Outras doenças neuro
- Primer - Neuroradiology - Degenerative and White Matter Disease
- UQ Med CBL - No technicalities, according to chemistry alcohol is a solution!
- MRI brain
- Aunt Minnies - Neuro
- CNS demyelination alcohol
- GD: Neuro - White matter disease
- CNS GM Wernicke encephalopathy
- CNS & SPINE 101
- Neurorad - Mixed Cases