History of alcohol abuse presents with altered conscious state, including confusion, and an ataxic gait.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Selected FLAIR MRI images of the brain demonstrates hyperintensities in the periaqueductal region and the medial thalami. Note that this is on a background of global cerebral atrophy with CSF spaces more prominent than would normally be expected for a patient of 45 years old.
Features are consistent with Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome
1 article features images from this case
21 public playlist includes this case
- The Australian and New Zealand Neuropsychiatry and Behavioural Neurology Conference 2014: MRI in neuropsychiatry and behavioural neurology.
- Lecture: Neurodegenerative - cases
- 2015 White matter disease
- MRI brain
- white matter lesions
- A.Emira 2B
- Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome
- Wernickes / korsakoffs and other neurodegenerative toxin linked pathologies
- CNS Stroke / White matter / Dementia
- NeuroImaging 3 - Toxic, Metabolic, Degenerative, Miscellaneous & Pituitary
- Outras doenças neuro
- educational cases
- 6b_144 Degenerative Brain Disorders with Alcohol and Korsakoff' s Syndrome