History of alcohol abuse presents with altered conscious state including confusion and an ataxic gait.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Selected FLAIR MRI images of the brain demonstrates hyperintensities in the periaqueductal region and the medial thalami. Note that this is on the background of global cerebral atrophy with CSF space notes to be more prominent than would normally be expected for a 46 year old.
Features are consistent with Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome
1 article features images from this case
18 public playlist includes this case
- The Australian and New Zealand Neuropsychiatry and Behavioural Neurology Conference 2014: MRI in neuropsychiatry and behavioural neurology.
- Lecture: Neurodegenerative - cases
- 2015 White matter disease
- MRI brain
- white matter lesions
- A.Emira 2B
- Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome
- Wernickes / korsakoffs and other neurodegenerative toxin linked pathologies
- CNS Stroke / White matter / Dementia
- educational cases