Information about Being a Section Editor
Applications will soon be accepted for section editor positions for 2014.
Being a collaborative work, Radiopaedia.org needs a guiding hand. This is the job of the section editors. In this capacity you are able to shape your section, and maintain a high standard of content. Being a section editor can take as little as 1 to 2 hours a week, and looks great on your CV. Your name will remain listed in the previous editors section, so that your contribution will be remembered.
- duration : the appointment is ideally for 12 months
- anyone who is an accredited radiology registrar / resident or above
- active member - not only are the number and quality of prior contributions a factor in selecting section editors, but it will also allow you to become familiar with the structure and workings of the site
- maintaining and organising your section
- reviewing new additions for links, content etc...
- regular contributions of new articles and improvements of existing articles
- participating in discussions with other editors in regards to site-wide issues
- encouraging and providing feedback to new contributors as well as moderating new case / article contributions
- actively promoting Radiopaedia.org
What is not considered sufficient to warrant the position of a section editor:
- few or only minor occasional contributions
- contributing only cases
Being a section editor is rewarding, is a great way to study / revise and makes a noticeable addition to your CV. You also make connections with contemporaries from around the world, which, as many of the current editors will attest to, is one of the most enjoyable aspects of this community.
To apply : simply write an email with a copy of your CV and which section(s) you are interested in editing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also give your existing Radiopaedia.org username, so that we can review your profile and previous contributions.
Founder and Editor