The Prince Charles HospitalVerified
- Originally known as The Brisbane Chest Hospital – opened 1954 for TB screening and treatment for migrants
- 1961 Renamed Chermside Chest Hospital with expansion of services.
- 1970 1st coronary artery bypass graft operation in Queensland performed at Prince Charles Hospital
- Visit from HRH Prince Charles in 1974 saw the Hospital renamed in his honour
- Currently a major quaternary referral hospital for heart and lung patients including state-wide services for Adult Congenital Heart Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Heart and Lung transplantation and Pulmonary Hypertension.
- Home to The Richard Slaughter Centre of Excellence in Cardiovascular MRI and is now the largest cardiac MRI unit in Australia.
- Lead site for International Lung Screening Trial in Australia (ILST).
- 2007 major upgrade to include general medical and surgical services.