Endoleak: Persistent perfusion of excluded aneurysm sac after endograft placement.
- Type I: perfusion of aneurysm sac via incomplete/ineffective seal at endograft attachment site.
- Type IA: originates at proximal attachment site
- e.g. infrarenal attachment of upper margin of bifurcated abdominal aortic endograft body
- Type IB: originates at distal attachment site
- e.g. common iliac artery attachment of limb of bifurcated abdominal aortic endograft
Type I endoleak should always be repaired when identified: If noted during EVAR or thoracic endovascular aortic repair (TEVAR), should be treated at that time. Should also treat any delayed type I endoleak seen on follow up imaging.