- right adnexal multilocular marginally enhancing cystic lesion is seen.
- the right fallopian tube is dilated, tortuous and distended with proteinaceous fluid.
- it shows dense peripheral enhancement.
- subacute blood is seen within it as a fluid level.
- no solid adnexal masses
- there is also a posterior uterine wall sub-serosal 3 cm fibroid.
- no pelvic collection or enlarged lymphadenopathy.
DWI sequences can be helpful, showing diffusion restriction within the abscess as with elsewhere in the body.