Raby Chapters 7-8 - Elbow
Series of adult and paediatric post-traumatic elbow radiographs to illustrate common elbow pathologies.
The main pathologies to assess for:
- Elbow joint effusion (and associated fracture, most commonly radial head)
- Olecranon fractures and tricep tendon avulsion injuries
- Coronoid fractures (commonly seen after dislocation)
- Ossification centre avulsion injuries (most commonly medial epicondyle - remember CRITOL)
- Supracondylar fractures (assess anterior humeral line)