Abdo E film
FEW TIPS FOR RANZCR Efilm
1. A few not too common pathologies on this abdo list
2.Practice report typing, the feeling is different for viva and speech reporting
3. Thinking on your feet
4. Have important check area for each system especially when drawing a blank.
5. Have a structure for evaluating each body system. Identify problem> Diagnosis>Look for cause of problem/diagnosis(e.g lipoma causing intussusception) > Complications of the problem/diagnosis e.g(bowel ischeamia, perforation) > Staging of classification > Important negatives > Final look to include incidentals > deal with satisfaction of search( surgical clips,check areas e.g paraaortic nodes or renal tumor seen on lumbar spine MRI) > Finally think of a best fit diagnosis.
6. Detailed description don't jump to pathology
7. Go through playlists and cases-practice is key
8. Resist the urge to get tired and sloppy as you progress on the cases when practicing and in exam.
9. Knowledge is key. Study hard. You can not recall what you dont know.
10.Take a special note of history if possible write it out, have a second look at history when concluding usually helpful e.g febrile history may tilt your diagnosis from malignancy to infective.