Dr Yuranga Weerakkody ◉
Chest radiology · Consultant (year 1-5)
Current Managing editor
- Previously Gastrointestinal section editor
- Previously Assistant Managing Editor
- Royal Perth Hospital Unverified
- Integrated Radiology Verified
- Hopital Albert Calmette - Lille Unverified
- Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS trust Unverified
- Diagnostic Imaging Pathways Unverified
- Diagnose.me (BV) Unverified
Gold Supporter since July 29, 2015
Radiopaedian since October 6, 2008
Dr Yuranga Weerakkody is a consultant radiologist with subspecialty expertise in thoracic, vascular and oncological imaging.
He has been part of Radiopaedia since its initial stages and played an integral role in developing the thoracic imaging and obstetrics - gynaecology content within Radiopaedia. He was appointed to the editorial board in 2010 and then as a managing editor since 2011.
He serves as an editorial board member for Imaging Pathways TM, Western Australia (which is an international award-winning imaging decision support tool) and the Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology. He is also a regular reviewer for several other international radiology journals.
He maintains an interest in radiology education and is actively involved in teaching residents - registrars in the Western Australian radiology training scheme and in the undergraduate radiology teaching programmes at the University of Western Australia and at the University of Notre Dame (Western Australia).