Getting started for subeditors
Citation, DOI & article data
This article is aimed at new subeditors to assist them in getting started.
The role of subeditors is familiarising themselves with the style guide, contribute new content, and to work on special projects. Everybody has a different amount of time they can volunteer on Radiopaedia.org, but as a rule of thumb at least a weekly contribution is expected.
Some articles to read and familiarise yourself with include:
- what Radiopaedia.org is
- what Radiopaedia.org is not
- editorial board
- standard article structure
There are number of ways to find new content that needs creating or articles that need updating:
- search for the tag "rewrite" and pick an article that requires updating for content and/or style guide errors
- don't forget to remove the rewrite tag when you're done
- write a new article
- finding new topics to write on is easy, just navigate to the "Related articles" section and if the link is dead then it probably needs creating
- always check by searching that the article does not already exist under a different title