Citation, DOI & case data
Diabetic patient with fever and right flank pain. Leukocytosis and hyperglycemia are prominent lab findings.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
40 mm renal stone ; enlarged right renal parenchyma with small bubbly and linear streaks of gas.
The CT findings in a diabetic patient with fever , flank pain and leukocytosis are compatible with emphysematous pyelonephritis. CT is the best diagnostic modality for emphysematous pyelonephritis.
- 1. Päivänsalo M, Hellström P, Siniluoto T et-al. Emphysematous pyelonephritis. Radiologic and clinical findings in six cases. Acta Radiol. 30 (3): 311-5. - Pubmed citation
- 2. Woodward S, Elsayes KM, Akhtar AL. Imaging of emphysematous pyelonephritis: self-assessment module. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2010;194 (6): S70-2. doi:10.2214/AJR.07.7147 - Pubmed citation
11 public playlists include this case
- Kidney & adrenal by Ly Nguyen
- jyf by yongfeng jia
- Acute Abdomen by Rochelle Gamage
- FRCR 2B 2 by Sherif Mohsen
- Acute emergencies by Apoorva
- ct abdomen by Pallavi Kamat
- 4th October by Aditya Sharma
- Rad revision by Menyatsoe
- HP GI by Himanshu Pendse
- URO 2-Kidney 1 by HoangHuong
- Body CT by Simonas Jesmanas