History swelling on the right side of face and neck for 6-8 months. The swelling has gradually increased in size and is associated with pain and dysphagia.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
A large mass involving the body of right hemimandible with an aggressive periosteal reaction resembling a 'sunburst' pattern pathognomic of osteogenic sarcoma. The lesion is predominantly sclerotic showing strong enhancement with extension into the right lingual and buccal spaces. The fat planes with the adjacent muscles namely pterygoid and masseter are lost. The lesion is causing a mass effect on the hypopharynx and oropharynx which correlates with the symptom of dysphagia.
2 case question available
Features are suggestive of gnathic osteosarcoma.
12 public playlist include this case
- GK - MSK - Focal bone lesions by GLK
- nezar head and neck by nezar shlaka
- Oral Cavity by Dr Davina Bates
- Bone tumours by Ravikiran
- viva 9 by Dr Fahad Alabdulghani
- extracranial by Marta Aguilar Perez
- RANZCR 2018 practice set 1 - H & N by Dr Yuranga Weerakkody ◉
- Malignancy by Brittany
- Tumors+ by Dr Hector Rivera-Melo
- EXAM by shyamnath G
- Resident Session 10/23/13 by Dr Hector Rivera-Melo
- Neck by Marta Aguilar Perez