Citation, DOI & case data
Left flank pain and fever. White cell count 33.3 x 10^9/L. Urine dipstick is positive for leukocytes.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
The left kidney is diffusely swollen and hypoenhancing relative to the right. Within the lower pole anteriorly, there is a 4 mm more well-defined hypodensity which is too small accurately characterize on CT. There is no hydronephrosis or hydroureter on the left. No perinephric collection on the left. Note is made of a 1 cm left para-aortic node at the level of the renal veins. There is a 1 mm calculus within an interpolar region calyx on the left and a 2 mm calculus within an interpolar region calyx on the right. These are non-obstructing.
Mottled opacification noted within the most inferior aspect of the Riedel's liver lobe. The gallbladder, pancreas, adrenal glands and spleen are unremarkable. Incidental splenunculus. The small and large bowel are within normal limits. The uterus lies in a neutral/retroverted position.
Minor left basal atelectasis. The imaged lung bases are otherwise unremarkable. No suspicious osseous lesion. Partially imaged left breast prosthesis.
Swollen hypoenhancing left kidney is in keeping with pyelonephritis given the clinical details provided. No left hydronephrosis, hydroureter or perinephric collection.
Urine subsequently cultured E. coli.
1 article features images from this case
12 public playlists include this case
- DT buk by Kolbeinn Hans Halldorsson
- RADIO EXAM 3 by edioardo bonamano
- KIdneys and adrenal by Dr Naqibullah Foladi
- Viva cases by Dr SY Tan
- RMH/ALF - Renal infection/Miscellaneous by Dr Yen Huynh ◈
- KIDNEY CASES by Abhay Pratap Singh
- Adrenal glands and kidneys by Allister Howie
- Basic ER by Taimur
- kejsy #1 (part 9) by Lech Gradziński
- Locations of Swan Ganz catheters by Mackenzie
- GU cases by Dr Basel Jaber
- Review cases by Mr Michael Gonzalez Soto