Citation, DOI and article data
The terms cubital/antecubital fossa are also used in surface anatomy for the skin overlying this region.
- superior: the line joining the medial and lateral humeral epicondyles (epicondylar line)
- lateral: medial border of brachioradialis
- medial: lateral border of pronator teres
- apex: formed by the meeting of the lateral and medial boundaries (proximal intersection of the brachioradialis and pronator teres)
- floor: brachialis muscle (medial), and supinator muscle (lateral) 1
From medial to lateral:
- median nerve
- brachial artery and brachial veins (venae comitantes)
- tendon of biceps
- radial nerve
- posterior interosseous branch of radial nerve
The order can be recalled using this mnemonic.