Papillary squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix
Citation, DOI, disclosures and article data
At the time the article was created Yuranga Weerakkody had no recorded disclosures.View Yuranga Weerakkody's current disclosures
At the time the article was last revised David Luong had no recorded disclosures.View David Luong's current disclosures
Papillary squamous cell carcinoma (PSCC) of the cervix is a distinct subtype of squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix.
These tumors are characterized by a papillary architecture containing fibrovascular cores and moderate to severe dysplasia without any frank keratinization and koilocytic change.
The role of human papillomavirus (HPV) in its development has been debated.
- 1. Ollayos CW, Lichy J, Duncan BW et-al. Papillary squamous cell carcinoma of the uterine cervix: report of a case with HPV 16 DNA and brief review. Gynecol. Oncol. 1996;63 (3): 388-91. doi:10.1006/gyno.1996.0341 - Pubmed citation
- 2. Brinck U, Jakob C, Bau O et-al. Papillary squamous cell carcinoma of the uterine cervix: report of three cases and a review of its classification. Int. J. Gynecol. Pathol. 2000;19 (3): 231-5. Pubmed citation
- 3. Fichtali K, Khadija C, Rajae B et-al. Journal of Gynecologic Surgery. 2012;28 (2): . doi:10.1089/gyn.2011.0013
- 4. Mirhashemi R, Ganjei-Azar P, Nadji M et-al. Papillary squamous cell carcinoma of the uterine cervix: an immunophenotypic appraisal of 12 cases. Gynecol. Oncol. 2003;90 (3): 657-61. Pubmed citation
- 5. Sawada M, Matsushima H, Kitawaki J. A case of papillary squamous cell carcinoma of the uterine cervix. Jpn. J. Clin. Oncol. 2010;40 (4): 373. doi:10.1093/jjco/hyq043 - Pubmed citation