Citation, DOI & case data
Recent surgery for fistula-in-ano at a nearby clinic. Presented with scrotal swelling.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Marked scrotal wall edema with fluid collection and dirty shadowing from gas.
No evidence of a hydrocele.
Note: Image quality looks dirty, but that's the dirty look a Fournier gangrene scrotum has!
In a setting of fistula-in-ano surgery, scrotal wall edema with fluid collection and dirty shadowing from gas most likely represents Fournier gangrene.
1 article features images from this case
13 public playlists include this case
- Genitourinary FRCR 2B by Dr Feras Salhi
- Call Prep Cases by Catherine (Rin) Panick
- Acute emergencies by Apoorva
- Male genital tract by Allister Howie
- GU by Dr Naqibullah Foladi
- uro by Eva Fischer ◉
- Abdo cases by Dr Aanchal Agarwal
- scrotal ultrasound by Eric Wallen
- Genital and Urinary Ultrasound by Gunnar Andrésson
- Ureter Bladder Prostate by Bob Ng
- GU2 by Sean
- us by Christine Dan Lantsman
- US by Yahya