Citation, DOI and case data
An enlarged neck swelling.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
The thyroid gland is diffusely enlarged and hypoechoic with a slightly lobulated contour. Color Doppler demonstrates a diffusely increased vascular flow in the thyroid gland, a phenomenon also known as "thyroid inferno".
Graves disease is a common diffuse abnormality of the thyroid gland usually characterized by thyrotoxicosis. With color Doppler, most Graves disease patients show a pulsatile pattern better known as thyroid inferno. This pattern consists of multiple small areas of intrathyroidal flow seen diffusely throughout the gland. This hypervascularity is due to arteriovenous shunts in the thyroid gland.
17 public playlist include this case
- Ultrasound by Dr Thomas M. Anderson ◉
- endocrine by Dr. Manish Chug
- UQ Radiology video tutorial: H&N: Thyroid disease by Assoc Prof Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- Neuro by eliotb
- RH_THYROID by Dr Rob Henderson
- ecoografie by Popovici Alexandra
- Thyroid Ultrasound by Rad_doc
- A NEW US by Dr Abdullah Hajar
- JY HETI Thyroid by Dr Juliana K. Yee
- endocrine by Edwin Ho
- ENT Neck Soft Tissue by Cary MacMillan
- Spotters 3 by Dr Abhilash Sandhyala
- Daily cases by Dr Abdullah Hajar
- Tiroides by Luis Miguel
- Jaw H&N by Dr Abdullah Hajar
- thyroid by nour
- H&N Thyroid/PTH by Dr Annabelle Skelley