Citation, DOI and case data
Fall from bike. Unable to weightbear.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Longitudinal fracture through the navicular, which is mildly distracted but not displaced. Incidental note of lytic lesion in the calcaneum with faint central calcification.
2 case question available
Navicular body fractures are considered the most serious of all navicular fractures due its role in the medial plantar arch, axial load bearing via the talonavicular joint, and numerous ligamentous attachments. Typically requires a high-energy mechanism.
CT (not shown) confirmed the lucent lesion as a lipoma.
1 article features images from this case
16 public playlist include this case
- Ankle/Foot by Dr Nina
- frcr 2b by Dr. Saad Khalil Chaudhry
- MSK 1 by HoangHuong
- MSK viva by Dr Emily Davidson
- Ortho Exam 2 by Lauren Brennan
- MI + MS by isabelle
- intersting cases by Dr. Alaa Abdulhussein A. Ali
- DI Final- Fractures by Julia McKenna
- revision by .
- Foot by Dr Matt A. Morgan ◉
- MSK by Whitney Graff
- Yazvac 3 by Joshua Evans
- Radiology Audit by Mohd Hisham
- tricky feet by Denise Foulkes
- SAK trauma by Seema Kembhavi
- SAK MSK by Seema Kembhavi